Monday, February 19, 2007

What does my car say about me?

I'm enjoying tootling around the city in my wee car. It is nice to not have to move the seat out every time I get in the car and to have the stereo blaring at just the right level. Nige has a work car which is a real blessing so, by default, the one we bought upon our return has become mine. I looked at the back of it the other day and wondered what it said about me. So here's what I came up with:

1. It's a Mazda Capella, a Japanese import. It's not flashy and neither am I. I feel like an import most days as things seem quite strange to me at times.

2. It's white. So am I

3. It's Christian. So am I. We put the fish symbol on it as a reminder of Ecuador and as a statement. Most christians in Ecuador, dare I say all who own cars, have this fish on the back. I don't really know what it's supposed to prove as they are all appalling drivers but nevertheless it's there so we added ours as well. Not many people in NZ have them.

4. "Don't Mess with Texas" is the bumper sticker. This reminds us of our good friends that we left behind in Guayaquil. The Garzas (who gave us the sticker) and the Muse who are also Texans. We have learnt a lot about Texans over the past few years of working together. They are a very generous, loving, encouraging and caring bunch of people. They love to eat (so do I) and have lots of tex-mex food which is just yummy. We miss them all.

5. "HELP! Dad farted and we're trapped!" This is the surround of our license plate. The kids and I bought it and giggled all the way home. What a hoot. It's nice to see people's smiling faces in the rear vision mirror, when they read it. I have a bit of a naughty sense of humour which can get me in trouble sometimes but I love to giggle away with others.

6. The inside is a bit higgeldy piggeldy. There are map books, drink bottles and empty shopping bags everywhere. I even think there are several odd socks. A bit like my life. All a bit untidy at the moment but a good clean up will change the look of it completely. The thing is....do I have the energy to begin the clean up?

So there's a little insight into who I am through my wee car. What does your car say about you?

3 comments:

Coloradonegrito said...

I'm just glad I don't drive that car much anymore:-)

J. Guy Muse said...

I'm glad you have finally learned your lesson to "Not Mess With Texas" and are now teaching the Kiwis to do the same. You have learned your lesson well and for that we congratulate you!

Also a "High Five" for the Weight Watchers thing. My media naranja joined "CURVES" over near where the kids do TKD and is now working out three times a week during the same time period that the kids are in TKD.

Pfingston said...

this is a really cute idea . . .loved what you had to say, and count me as one who is laughing in your rearview mirror! That is so funny . . even my hubby would ga-fa at that one!
My car doesn't say much but mom who drives on dirt roads often.