Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Daylight saving has just ended. For us that meant turning our clocks back an hour on Saturday evening, well Sunday morning. It gave us an extra hour in bed which I would never complain about but I have to admit to finding staying up at night harder and harder.

Since Sunday I have been in bed at 9:30 PM which my body tells me is really 10:30 PM. Makes for a pretty boring social life don't you think? I start feeling droopy at about 8:00 PM before the boys are even getting ready for bed. By 8:30 PM I just want to tuck myself up in my snug duvet and sleep. The other night the boys were still wide awake and I was already in bed sleeping.

The good thing about the end of daylight saving though is that we are getting up a little earlier than normal. That makes the morning routines run just a little smoother and I'm finding that the nagging mother hasn't really had to show her ugly face again. Even our youngest is ready for school with time to spare which is a miracle! With just under two weeks left of my life of luxury (I begin in the SIM office the 3rd April) I'm hoping that my morning routine will run just as smoothly then. There will be a lot to do before I can walk out the door every morning. Of late I've been taking it all a little slower and easier but that time will soon run out.

On another note, I'm glad to post my weight loss this week having lost 900g. Yippee!!! I was thrilled as I had worked hard. Let's hope I can keep the momentum going this next week. It's getting harder as our youngest is now selling chocolate easter eggs as a fund raiser for school. There are several packets just waiting to be bought. But I will not succum!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just think, your curtains wont fade as quickly over the next six months with an hours less sun light and all the dairy cows will be very happy. Enjoy your extra hour in the morning!

Pfingston said...

It's the weirdest thing here in Ensenada Mexico . . .so close to the boarder I'm living in two time zones until Sunday. State side moved their clocks up an hour and Mexico will two weeks after . . . so our once a week visit state side is tricky to say the least.
But besides all that CONGRATS on teh weight thing! Do keep it up!

J. Guy Muse said...

Just discovered that "Colorado Negrito" is now blogging! I have added him to our Omea blog reader, and blogroll on our M Blog.

Thanks so much for the "Brooke Fraser" CD which we received in the mail. We have it playing continuously in the car (where we spend most of our time!). We love it!

Well, I hear Linda calling us to lunch so will say ciao for now.