Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Happy New Year and welcome to 2008!

It's hard to believe that 2007 has finished although if I have to be honest I'm not sad to see the back of it. It was a pretty sucky year.....crappy could be a better word. My hopes for 2008 are that it will be a more settled year for everyone in my family and that we will continue to learn how to live in NZ and what it means to be a "kiwi". Hopefully that whole learning and growing process will be less painful than last year's one :-) I feel so much more positive about all that this year holds. I'm sure it is going to be full of challenges and surprises but that sounds like fun!

Christmas and New Year were great. It was nice to be able to spend it with family and be able to host them in our own home. I cooked a wonderful turkey (if I do say so myself) and ate far too much, but that's to be expected I guess. We closed the office down from the 22nd December until the 7th Jan so we have had a good break and managed to have lots of fun with the boys who are on their summer break. We're only back in the office for a couple of weeks and then we are having our official holiday which I am looking forward to. It will be so nice to hang out with the boys and do some more fun things. We have it all planned including boat trips to islands to climb, beach visits, junk food and of course some shopping thrown in for the lady of the house!

I hope that your 2008 looks like a good one and that you will know God's richest blessings in it.

1 comment:

J. Guy Muse said...

Glad you had a good Christmas and New Year. The rains have started this year so it is quite muggy and the grass looks like a jungle. We had a fire in the house earlier this morning due to a short circuit. I went down to the corner and found an electrician who got things sorted out. Our white kitchen wall by the frig is now black! Tomorrow is our anniversary, but we are celebrating by having a birthday party for Anna with a couple of the families over for chicken fried steak, mashed taters, and gravy (good Texas meal). Got to run and eat lunch to be able to get to the movie on time (we still try to go every Thursday--do you still have your thur movie date?). We haven't seen National Treasure, so that's what we hope to get in this afternoon. Chao.