Thursday, June 29, 2006



My hubby and I are quite different. While I am trying very hard to ignore the fact that we are leaving he is busy tidying everything in sight, throwing books into suitcases, pulling posters off the walls and shredding every little piece of paper within arms reach. His desk area is looking quite blank whilst mine hasn't even been touched!

Having shifted house several times in our married lives (this current house is number 17 I think), we have come to understand each other a little more. I like my life to be as normal as possible in the midst of change. Routines need to be maintained, walls and furniture need to stay "homely" and packing is something that happens in the last couple of weeks. For Nige, he likes to have everything cleared away and empty long before the due date. He hates to be rushed and part of packing is his grieving. It used to drive me nuts. Now we just laugh at how God made us so different to each other!!

I hope we are still laughing as the days tick away.

2 comments:

lord_of_shadows said...

Yeah!!!!! Dad allways wants to pack he justs backs backs and packs!!!!!!!!(althoe it still drives me nuts).

Coloradonegrito said...

So that's the excuse, huh! I don't think hubby likes to pack, he just knows that someone better get started at it:-)