Sunday, October 15, 2006

Spring!

What do you think of when I say Spring? Is it suuny, yellow daffodils like this?







Or cute, fluffy lambs like this?






Or could it even be the gentle, colourful blossom on trees?







Perhaps it's more like this? Well that would be the truth if you were in NZ right now. Big, black rain clouds hover over the country. We've even had snow to low levels in the South Island. It's been freezing yet we have all these amzing, "warm" things to remind us it is actually spring. We should be in the middle of the spring season yet for much of the time it feels like the middle of winter. Now I don't think that is just because I've come from the tropics and haven't seen rain since April....it truely is miserable here. I'm looking forward to some summer sun, some clear blue skies and no wind! Bring it on!!!


The one, good thing about the weather is that it is nice to be able to snuggle up in fluffy sheets and a cosy duvet at night, with the electric blanket on. I haven't had one of those for years!!!! I think I'm going to have to invest in one for next winter 'cos if the weather is worse than this then, I'm going to need it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my, sounds like you'll need one...I enjoyed one in a hotel once. It was VERY nice. I wanted to find out how I could buy it from the hotel, but changed my mind. Enjoy the changing weather.