Monday, May 05, 2008

I LOVE lists!

I've realised something about myself of late. I LOVE lists! I guess it's nothing new to me. I have been well aware that my life functions much better when I have a list or a plan of things to do. There are lists at home and at work and unfortunately they have very different things on them. Then there is the list of things that I carry round in my head. A list of things that I'd love to do but haven't got the time to do.

I'm also a sneaky list person :-) When I'm having a bad day and feeling that I haven't achieved much on my list then I write on things that I have already done just so I can cross them off! It's a great feeling to see little black lines scribbled all over a clean piece of paper.

For the past 2 weeks we have been back in Palmerston North. It was initailly supposed to be part holiday and part catching up with family, friends and supporters. In reality it ended up as part catching up with family, friends and supporters and part work. We have come home totally exhausted! Today is my first day back in the office and as I rolled over in my sleep at 3AM the lists suddenly began to haunt my dreams. For over an hour I tried to ignore them, putting them in their own separate "list" compartment in my brain, but all to no avail. There are times when my "list" brain takes over and that's all I hear......the many, many things I need/want to do.

So, here I am at 4:30Am, up, awake, drinking tea and watching trashy tv all in the effort of trying to crowd out my to-do lists in my brain. Surely there is something seriously wrong with that! I'm off to see someone today who will hopefully help me put my lists into perspective and help me prioritse them. Then I'll have lists of lists and that sounds more manageable :-)

No comments: