Sunday, November 12, 2006

This morning I'm heading back to Palmerston North and my littlest boys. I can't wait! It has been a long 2 1/2 weeks without them. We have talked on the phone most days but they have always been distracted by TV or a game they are playing. Now I will have their undivided attention and hopefully lots of hugs. I'm tossing up as to whether to collect them after school and have them hug me with all their friends around or whether to wait with open arms when they walk in the front door. Oh decisions, decisions, decisions.

My big boy left this morning to begin his NZ tour with the current Director. He pops back to us all on Thursday for a couple of days and then he is off again. It will be nice to be a complete family again, even if it is only for a litle while. It's not until December that he will be with us for a long period of time and that feels a long way off.

It's been a good couple of weeks. We have managed to take everyone in the office out for coffee (hot chocolate for me) and have sussed out what people enjoy and even dislike about their jobs. It has given us a better idea of who people are and where they will fit once Nige takes over the reins. We have caught up with some long time friends and best of all have found ourselves a house and schools for the boys. We have achieved everything we set out to do so that's great.

But for now I'm just looking forward to a big, squeezy cuddle from my boys.

3 comments:

Pfingston said...

"But for now I'm just looking forward to a big, squeezy cuddle from my boys."

I love that . . .squeezy cuddles are my favorit!

Anonymous said...

Hugs are always good. My 6' baby boy walked passed me in the hall this morning and in a sing song voice said "I love you"...sigh

Corazon Latino said...

I got my hugs and boy were they worth waiting for. They were great! Now I await the return of my hubby from a trip around the country. His hugs are sure to be even more yummy :-)