Saturday, August 19, 2006

A New Ticker.

As you can see I have made a new ticker. This one tells us how long it will be before we hit kiwi soil again. For those of you in NZ the ticker will be about a day out as it is set on USA time but you'll get the general idea.

We have had a nice relaxing day today just hanging out at the guest house, eating yummy flavoured chips and ice cream and watching movies. I even managed to catch up on some sleep which felt nice. Lots of new people have been arriving throughout the day. Tomorrow we are off to church with some friends then it is back for the beginning of the leadership course. That is going to keep us busy for the next few weeks. We are looking forward to hanging out with new people and learning mnore about SIM. Our only concern is the dress code! We've been told it is casual-professional which doesn't seem to fit our, relaxed, jeans and tshirts. Thankfully we bought some new clothes this week. It should be fun!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys sound like you are having fun. Hearing of your time at Disneyworld brings back memories of our trip there. I'm going to send you an e-mail....no doubt you still are using the same e-mail address. Look forward to catching up when you get back to NZ

J. Guy Muse said...

Enjoyed a nice "chat" with the two SIM friends who were here yesterday. Afterwards we went to Marlene's hc for the evening service. I think both really enjoyed the experience. Today they are off for Loja.

Let us know how the 'casual-professional' affair works out. We wouldn't want you to be 'out-of-place' up there amongst all your peers!

Barbara loaned me her copy of "End of the Spear" by Steve Saint this past weekend. I have hardly been able to put it down. What a fascinating read. You must get hold of a copy.

Anonymous said...

The dress code sounds like a bit of a worry! Just like a latin chirch! Enjoy yourselves.

Corazon Latino said...

We managed to surivive the first day of fancy clothes. It wasn't too bad and I am thankful for the jacket I bought in Ecuador before we left as it was freezing in the board room. All this living in air conditioning is driving me and my poor skin, nuts! Tomorrow I will add some more layers!!

Carol Wilson said...

Love your blog.

Maybe you should question the dress code. Once when I was on the Alumni Board at Moody, I said out loud, right in front of President Stowell and other great ones, that I thought it would be cool if the students could look normal and wear jeans. Guess what! Now they can. (I don't take credit for that good change; it's just fun.)

See you in a couple of days, "God willin' an' the crick don't rise." (That's part of your orientation to southern culture in the U.S.)
Carol

Amanda Hunt said...

Hi there, thought I'd drop by and say hello. Thanks for reading my blog too, I hope we get to meet up one day!