Friday, August 18, 2006

To Flush or not to Flush.

Okay so I'm really having difficulty with this one. After 8 years of carefully placing used loo paper in the rubbish bin beside our loo I now have the opportunity to flush it. Weird, I know, but it is totally throwing me off!!!! You see, the pipes and sewerage systems in Guayaquil are so stuffed that any little bit of paper flushed could cause a major blockage and a mess in the house. I have carefully trained my boys to not flush as well and now I have to untrain them. I panic everytime I flush that the water will all come flooding back to me. Gross huh?

Now, the other thing we are all struggling with is drinking water directly from the tap, but that's another story.

3 comments:

Carol Wilson said...

Welcome! I can't wait to meet you next week. I hope all this plumbing complexity doesn't ruin your time here!
Carol

Anonymous said...

I've even taken to drinking water directly out of the tap in Loja!! Now they've moved the water pipes from nedxt to the sewerage pipes it's supposed to be alright! So far so good.

Corazon Latino said...

Good luck with the water sierraline. After all your years in Ecuador you should have a nice supply of bichos living in your stomach :-)