Thursday, July 06, 2006


We've just sold our car! We ran a three day classified in the local newspaper and it has sold after just the first day! I know I should be excited (my hubby is thrilled) but I'm feeling kind of sad about it. That car has served us well these past three years and has meant that we have had a greater feeling of safety in this city then when we were using buses and taxis. And now it's gone!

We got the price that we wanted for it as well and it really is just another way that the Lord is showing us that He has and is going before us to prepare the way for our return to NZ but it's still sad.

Nige is off with our friend, David, to sign the paperwork and then tomorrow morning will be the transfer of money, in the bank. Then it's just a matter of handing over the keys and we will be carless. I keep telling myself that's a good thing but it makes me realise we are really leaving.....and soon!


On another front, today is my shopping and movie day. I saw "Las Bordadoras" which is a lovely French movie then I hit the supermarket. I managed to spend another wack of money on groceries but this time it was all with a purpose. We are having the missio team for a buffet lunch on Monday and, literally, everything I bought today is for Monday's lunch. Isaac has been attending a chef school for the past 5 months or so and has been keen to make a buffet for everyone. There'll be 16 of us all together and a whole heap of food! I'm pretty sure we'll be eating leftovers for the next 5 weeks!!

3 comments:

lord_of_shadows said...

yeah its sad that our car is sold;(;(;( but I DONT LIKE EATING LEFTOVERS:@:@
















PS.just joking about the :@:@ part

J. Guy Muse said...

Great job on your blog site! I have enjoyed reading your entries and can identify with the difficulty of saying good-bye.

We too gave up our Montero this week after many years of faithful service. Our mission assigned us another vehicle. While nice, we miss the "old car." It is funny how attached we can get to things!

Looking forward to the spread on Monday!

Coloradonegrito said...

PTL. What a miracle to sell in only 1 day. God is good. Seems like we have afew goodbyes this week. They are emotionaly draining, but very important. HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow.
Tu media naranja