Monday, July 10, 2006


YUM YUM! Today was the day of Isy's buffet. He has been waiting for and planning this day since he began his chef's school in February. He was so excited!!!

The whole family pitched in to make it a great success. We were planning on serving 16 people but in the end there were only 10 of us but that was still a nice number. As you can see from the picis the emphasis was on desserts! Kiwis have such sweet tooths (teeth, if I was being grammatically correct!)

After stuffing ourselves with rice, salad, garlic bread, pizza, meat fingers AND chicken cordon bleu we then ate chocolate fudge cake, strawberry cheesecake, ice cream and peach cake, custard squares and fresh fruit!!!! Those that had room swigged coffee which I'm sure helped with the digestion. The rest of us just wallowed around the house and chatted. It was a nice afternoon.

We took the camera down to the chef school today to show them his buffet prowess and they were really excited. We are going to treat them to Pavlova next week so more cooking is in store. Hopefully I can find cream that doesn't curdle when whipped!

It was nice just to hang, and eat, with other missios who are good friends. We are sure going to miss them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings, I came over from foreigner and I look forward to reading the journey you are about to begin. Hugs, J

J. Guy Muse said...

Yum, Yum, indeed. Yesterday's buffet prepared by your son was a real treat! Thanks for having us over. I will have to ride my stationary bike an extra 15-minutes to burn off all those desserts eaten yesterday!

Corazon Latino said...

Hey there majormom,

Welcome! It is great to have you visit. Foreigner was one of the "buffet blessed"!

Guy,

I think we're ALL going to have to make use of your stationary bike. I had leftovers for BREAKFAST!!!!!

lord_of_shadows said...

Yeah we had a yummy buffet

Anonymous said...

Hello, I came over from Foreigner too, to see the goodies. Lovely! Just how old is the young cook?!

Just want to add that I am an SIM MK--grown up.

Blessings,
Karen